Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Languages that i like

  • An-yŏng-ha-se-yo, Chal ji-nae-shŏ-ssŏ-yo? (Korean)
  • Nun dengah? (My Native Touge-Kayan)
  • Hai, apa khabar? (Malay)
  • Kumusta? (Tagalog)
  • Awrite! Hou's aw wi ye?(Scottish--i have to at least know what this mean because of MERLIN)

Learning languages is always fun.  How i wish i could talk many languages. But there is one language that i would really like to learn very much which is Korean. Predictable reason, because i want to know what they are talking about in their movies and dramas and what the meaning of the songs they sing.  I wish to find some Korean Friends so they could teach me their language...If you are Korean, be my friend, ok??? :)

Let's see below some basic about Korean language.

English PhrasesKorean Phrases
 
English GreetingsKorean Greetings:
Hi!An-yŏng-ha-se-yo.   안녕하세요
Good morning!An-yŏng-hi ju-mu-shŏ-ssŏ-yo? / An-nyŏng-ha-se-yo? (polite)
안녕히 주무셨어요? 안녕하세요?
Good evening!Shik-sa-ha-shŏ-ssŏ-yo? / An-nyŏng-ha-shŏ-ssŏ-yo? (polite)
식사하셨어요? 안녕하세요?
Welcome! (to greet someone)Hwan-yŏng-ham-ni-da.   환영합니다.
How are you?Chal ji-nae-shŏ-ssŏ-yo?   잘 지내셨어요?
I'm fine, thanks!Ne. Chal ji-nae-ssŏ-yo.   네. 잘 지냈어요.
And you?… ŭ-nyo/nŭ-nyo? *1   Title+ 은/는요?
Good/ So-So.Chal ji-nae-ssŏ-yo. / Kŭ-jŏ kŭ-rae-yo.
잘 지냈어요. / 그저 그래요.
Thank you (very much)!(Nŏ-mu) kam-sa-ham-ni-da!   (너무) 감사합니다!
You're welcome! (for "thank you")A-ni-e-yo.   아니에요.
Hey! Friend!Ya! Ch'in-gu! (informal)   야! 친구!
I missed you so much!Nŏ-mu po-go shi-p'ŏ-ssŏ-yo.   너무 보고 싶었어요.
What's new?Pyŏl-li-ri ŏp-ssŭ-shŏ-ssŏ-yo?   별일이 없으셨어요?
Nothing muchNe. ŏp-ssŏ-ssŏ-yo.   네. 없었어요.
Good night!An-yŏng-hi ju-mu-se-yo!   안녕히 주무세요!
See you later!Na-jung-e bwae-yo!   나중에 봬요!
Good bye!An-nyŏng-hi ga-se-yo! / An-nyŏng-hi ge-se-yo! *2
안녕히 가세요! /or/ 안녕히 계세요!
Asking for Help and Directions
I'm lostKi-rŭl i-rŏ-bŏ-ryŏ-ssŏ-yo.   길을 잃어버렸어요.
Can I help you?Mu-ŏ-sŭl do-wa-dŭ-ril-kka-yo?   무엇을 도와 드릴까요?
Can you help me?Chom to-wa-ju-shil ssu i-ssŭ-shi-na-yo?
좀 도와주실 수 있으시나요?
Where is the (bathroom/ pharmacy)?(Hwa-jang-shil/yak-kuk)-i ŏ-di-ye-yo?
(화장실/약국)이 어디예요?
Go straight! then turn left/ right!Tchuk ka-se-yo! Kŭ da-ŭ-me woen/o-rŭn tcho-gŭ-ro jom ga-se-yo.
쭉 가세요! 그 다음에 왼/오른 쪽으로 좀 가세요.
I'm looking for john.Cha-ni-ran sa-ra-mŭl ch'at-ko-i-ssŭm-ni-da.
잔이란 사람을 찾고 있습니다.
One moment please!Cham-kkan-ma-nyo!   잠깐만요!
Hold on please! (phone)Cham-shi-ma-nyo!   잠시만요!
How much is this?I-ge ŏl-ma-ye-yo?   이게 얼마예요?
Excuse me ...! (to ask for something)Shil-le-ji-man…   실례지만…
Excuse me! ( to pass by)Shil-le-ha-ge-ssŭm-ni-da.   실례하겠습니다.
Come with me!Tta-ra o-se-yo!   따라 오세요!
How to Introduce Yourself
 
Do you speak (English/ Korean)?Yŏng-ŏ/han-gu-gŏ hal jul a-se-yo?   영어/한국어 할 줄 아세요?
Just a little.Cho-gŭ-myo.   조금요.
What's your name?I-rŭ-mi ŏ-ttŏ-k'e dwoe-se-yo?   이름이 어떻게 되세요?
My name is ...Chŏ-nŭn_____i-e-yo.   저는 ____이에요.
Mr.../ Mrs.…/ Miss…Sŏn-saeng-nim/sa-mo-nim. *3   선생님/ 사모님 (Mrs.)
Nice to meet you!Man-na-sŏ ban-gap-ssŭm-ni-da!   만나서 반갑습니다!
You're very kind!Nŏ-mu ch'in-jŏ-ra-shi-ne-yo!   너무 친절하시네요!
Where are you from?Ŏ-di-sŏ o-shiŏ-ssŏ-yo?   어디서 오셨어요?
I'm from (the U.S/ Korea)Chŏ-nŭn (mi-guk/han-guk)-e-sŏ wa-ssŏ-yo.
저는 (미국/한국) 에서 왔어요.
I'm (American)Chŏ-nŭn (mi-gu-gin)-i-e-yo.   저는 (미국인)이에요.
Where do you live?Ŏ-di sa-se-yo?   어디 사세요?
I live in (the U.S/ Korea)Chŏ-nŭn (mi-guk/han-guk)-e-sŏ sa-ra-yo.
저는 (미국/한국)에서 살아요.
Did you like it here?Yŏ-gi-ga cho-ŭ-se-yo?   여기가 좋으세요?
Korea is a wonderful countryHan-gu-gŭn dae-dan-han na-ra-im-ni-da.
한국은 대단한 나라입니다.
What do you do for a living?Chik-tchang-ŭn ŏ-ttŏ-k'e dwoe-se-yo?   직장은 어떻게 되세요?
I work as a (translator/ businessman)Chik-tchang-ŭn (pŏ-nyŏk-tcha/sa-ŏp-kka)-im-ni-da.
직장은 (번역자/사업가)입니다.
I like KoreanChŏ-nŭn han-gu-gŏ-ga cho-a-yo.   저는 한국어가 좋아요.
I've been learning Korean for 1 monthHan-gu-gŏ gong-bu shi-ja-k'an ji han da-ri dwoe-ŏ-ssŏ-yo.
한국어 공부 시작한 지 한 달이 되었어요.
Oh! That's good!U-wa! Cho-ŭ-ne-yo!   우와! 좋으네요!
How old are you?Na-i-ga ŏ-ttŏ-k'e dwoe-se-yo?   나이가 어떻게 되세요?
I'm (twenty, thirty...) years old.Chŏ-nŭn (sŭ-mu/sŏ-rŭn)-sa-ri-e-yo.   저는 (스무/서른)살이에요.
I have to goKa-bwa-ya dwoe-yo.   가봐야 돼요.
I will be right back!Kŭm-bang ga-tta ol-kke-yo.   금방 갔다 올께요.
Wish Someone Something
Good luck!Hang-u-nŭl bim-ni-da!   행운을 빕니다!
Happy birthday!Sang-il ch'u-k'a-ham-ni-da!   생일 축하합니다!
Happy new year!Sae-hae-bok ma-ni pa-dŭ-se-yo!   새해복 많이 받으세요!
Merry Christmas!Me-ri k'ŭ-ri-sŭ-ma-sŭ!    메리 크리스마스!
Congratulations!Ch'u-k'a-dŭ-rim-ni-da!   축하드립니다!
Enjoy! (for meals...)Ma-ni dŭ-se-yo!   많이 드세요!
I'd like to visit Korea one dayŎn-jen-ga-nŭn han-gu-ge ka-go shi-p'ŏ-yo.
언젠가는 한국에 가고 싶어요.
Say hi to John for meCha-nan-t'e an-bu-rŭl chŏ-nae-ju-se-yo.
잔한테 안부를 전해주세요.
Bless you (when sneezing)(No reaction, as if nothing happened)   -
Good night and sweet dreams!Dwae-ji-kkum kku-se-yo!   돼지꿈 꾸세요!
Solving a Misunderstanding
I'm Sorry! (if you don't hear something)Mwŏ-ra-go-yo?   뭐라고요?
Sorry (for a mistake)Choe-song-ham-ni-da.   죄송합니다.
No Problem!A-ni-e-yo.   아니에요.
Can You Say It Again?Ta-shi han-bŏn mal-ssŭ-mae-ju-shi-ge-ssŏ-yo?
다시 한번 말씀해주시겠어요?
Can You Speak Slowly?Ch'ŏn-ch'ŏ-ni mal-ssŭ-mae ju-shi-ge-ssŏ-yo?
천천히 말씀해 주시겠어요?
Write It Down Please!Chŏ-gŏ ju-se-yo!   적어 주세요!
I Don't Understand!Mo-na-ra-dŭt-kke-ssŏ-yo.   못 알아 듣겠어요.
I Don't Know!Mo-rŭ-ge-ssŏ-yo.   모르겠어요.
I Have No Idea.Chŏ-nyŏ mo-rŭ-ge-ssŏ-yo.   전혀 모르겠어요.
What's That Called In Korean?Kŭ-gŏt han-gung-mal-lo mwŏ-ra-go hae-yo?
그것 한국말로 뭐라고 해요?
What Does "gato" Mean In English?Da-nŭn yŏng-ŏ-ro mu-sŭn ttŭ-shi-e-yo?
”단”은 영어로 무슨 뜻이에요?
How Do You Say "Please" In Korean?“Please”rŭl han-gung-mal-lo ŏ-ttŏ-k'e ma-rae-yo?
“Please”를 한국말로 어떻게 말해요?
What Is This?I-ge mwŏ-ye-yo?   이게 뭐예요?
My Korean is bad.Chŏ-nŭn han-gung-mal chal-mo-t'ae-yo.   저는 한국말 잘못 해요.
I need to practice my KoreanHan-gung-mal yŏn-sŭ-p'ae-ya dwoe-yo.   한국말 연습해야 돼요.
Don't worry!Kŏk-tchŏng ma-se-yo!   걱정 마세요!
Korean Expressions and Words
Good/ Bad/ So-So.Cho-a-yo./An-jo-a-yo./Kŭ-jŏ kŭ-rae-yo.
좋아요./안 좋아요./ 그저 그래요.
Big/ SmallK'ŭn/Cha-gŭn *4   큰/작은
Today/ NowO-nŭl/Chi-gŭm   오늘/지금
Tomorrow/ YesterdayNae-il/Ŏ-je   내일/어제
Yes/ NoNe/A-ni-yo.   네/아니요.
Here you go! (when giving something)Yŏ-gi-yo!   여기요!
Do you like it?Kwaen-ch'a-na-yo?   괜찮아요?
I really like it!Nŏ-mu cho-a-yo!   너무 좋아요!
I'm hungry/ thirsty.Pae-go-p'a-yo./Mong-mal-la-yo.   배고파요. / 목말라요.
In The Morning/ Evening/ At Night.A-ch'i-me/Chŏ-nyŏ-ge/Pa-me   아침에/저녁에/밤에
This/ That. Here/ThereI-gŏt/Kŭ-gŏt. Yŏ-gi/Kŏ-gi. *5   이것/그것. 여기/거기
Me/ You. Him/ Her.Chŏ/... Kŭ-bun/Kŭ-bun   저/title 그분/ 그분
Really!Chŏng-mal-lyo?   정말요?
Look!Po-se-yo!   보세요!
Hurry up!Sŏ-du-rŭ-se-yo!   서두르세요!
What? Where?Mwŏ-yo? Ŏ-di-yo?   뭐요? 어디요?
What time is it?Myŏ-sshi-ye-yo?   몇시예요?
It's 10 o'clock. 07:30pm.Yŏl-sshi-ye-yo. Il-gop-sshi ba-ni-e-yo.   열시예요. 일곱시 반이에요.
Give me this!I-gŏt ju-se-yo!   이것 주세요! .
I love you!Sa-rang-hae-yo!   사랑해요!
I feel sick.A-p'a-yo.   아파요.
I need a doctorŬi-sa-ga p'i-ryo-hae-yo.   의사가 필요해요.
One, Two, ThreeIl, i, sam / ha-na, tul, set *6   일, 이, 삼 / or / 하나, 둘, 셋
Four, Five, SixSa, o, ryuk / net, ta-sŏt, yŏ-sŏt   사, 오, 륙/ or/ 넷, 다섯, 여섯
Seven, Eight, Nine, TenCh'il, p'al, ku, ship / il-gop, yŏ-dŏl, a-hop, yŏl
칠, 팔, 구, 십/ or/ 일곱, 여덜, 아홉, 열
Interesting right?...Go to http://www.linguanaut.com to learn more about many interesting languages all over the world.

Happy Learning!!!

1 comment: